Thứ Bảy, 30 tháng 5, 2009

No Escape from Valentine's Day


source

http://www.longbeachrealestatehome.com/romance-in-long-beach-valentines-day

Maybe Poland doesn't celebrate Valentine's Day!" I had been thinking to myself. How wrong I was. I should have known that a predominantly Catholic country would embrace any holiday named after a saint. I've never really been a big fan of these holidays invented by the greeting card industry. And today is probably the granddaddy of them all.

The impromptu flea market I pass by every morning outside the subway station has been transformed. Usually, you can find fur coats, porcelain Bhudda statues, switchblade knives, lacey undergarments, and other necessities. This morning, all the vendors brought out teddy bears, chocolates, flowers, and giant heart-shaped suckers as big as your head. So much for avoiding all the manufactured junk that is supposed to signify your true love.

On Valentine's Day, it's nice to be single. Only women get bitter, sitting around watching sappy date movies, and eating Ben and Jerry's while commiserating with each other, right? I'll be in a state of bliss having beers with friends tonight. But I couldn't resist putting up this picture. Thanks for reading.

Posted by Polski G at 10:46 AM

Labels: culture, random

source

About Me
Polski G
PolandView my complete profilehttp://whywarsaw.blogspot.com/2007/02/no-escape-from-valentines-day.html

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Lưu trữ Blog