Thứ Bảy, 30 tháng 5, 2009

The letters



Vietnam and me

I am feeling better today. I got my first 360 friend who is Vietnamese. While I was browsing his blog, I got to thinking about my Navy days in Vietnam. I was a Gun Fire Controlman. I worked on and helped man the gun fire directors and radars that were on the ship. I recalled that we had used a weapon we called "Willy Peter" which was militarese for white phosphorus, a nasty weapon that literally burns the flesh from the bone, an uncivilized weapon. I still bothers me that I was a party to using it on the Vietnamese. Thank you, Binh, for becoming my friend and I'm sorry about my country's war of aggression against yours. I'm sorry I was there. Apparently, we haven't learned the lesson of Vietnam very well.
Saturday July 15, 2006 - 04:54pm (CDT)
Previous Post: Shucks!
Comments(1 total)

Binh...
Offline IM
Thank you Ray for your thinking about Vietnam, my poor-small country.i love Vietnam same as you love US and we love our Father too.i love US because US have many great son who shown the light to the dark world.im sorry for my wrong-English but my blog is my memory and my true feeling. Man fight for money or power, but we fight for love and this is the difference.Thk God for the blessing.best wish to you Ray!:-)
Sunday July 16, 2006 - 10:00am (ICT)
Sourse:
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-Z3F_BH86cqhlgjPjIznMhgU-?cq=1&p=15
Ray K
Top Page Blog Friends Lists Reviews Groups


Work: Amoco Production Company
Binh X
Top Page Friends


http://360.yahoo.com/hdangbinh10
Tags: Edit Tags
Sunday July 16, 2006 - 10:12am (ICT) Edit Delete
Next Post: Jerusalem today Previous Post: _HO_CHI_MINH_TRAIL
Comments(1 total) Post a Comment

shoef…
Offline
Yes, i am sorry for wars! I hate them! so many innocent people die!! Good people! Gods people!Are souls are all connected!
Friday July 21, 2006 - 02:23am (CDT) Remove Comment

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Lưu trữ Blog